Mobile Trends Of 2015 – Mobile Websites
What is mobile website?
Have you heard the term “mobile website”? What is mobile website? According to Wikipedia:
“The mobile web refers to access to the world wide web, i.e. the use of browser-based Internet services, from a handheld mobile device, such as a smartphone or a feature phone, connected to a mobile network or other wireless network.”
And any website that is optimized to be used on a mobile device is a mobile website. The obvious characteristic that distinguishes a mobile website from a standard website is that it is responsive and designed for the smaller, handheld display and touch-screen interface.
Why mobile websites are becoming increasingly important for today’s businesses?
Following are the major reasons:
• Mobile users have different requirements. They need quick and to-the-point information.
• Mobile phones get more traffic. Not everybody has a PC but almost everybody today has a mobile phone. According to a study, India currently has approximately 213 million mobile internet users.
• People prefer brands with mobile websites that provide good user experience.
• Online shoppers are impatient people. They will leave your website without giving a second thought if your website isn’t mobile optimized.
• According to a study, 80% online shoppers admit that most mobile purchases are impulse driven.
Mobile website translates to increased sales
As simplified as it can be! If you have a mobile optimized website, chances are that your business will gain more exposure and attract an increased number of shoppers. Around 75% respondents said they will return to the mobile website if the user experience is good.
Having no mobile website translates to giving away your customers to your competitors
The majority of respondents said if your site isn’t mobile-friendly and the user experience isn’t good, it will be more convenient for them to switch to other websites which are mobile-friendly instead of switching to desktop computers to access your website again.
A bad mobile experience can damage a company’s brand
User experience can generate strong feelings when it comes to mobile websites. Approximately 50% respondents said they are not comfortable when they come across websites that are not well optimized to work on the mobile devices. It gives an impression that the company doesn’t care about their business. Over 50% said a poor mobile experience makes them less likely to engage with a company in the future.
One can easily reach a conclusion that for any business aiming to gain maximum exposure, a mobile optimized website is not only helpful but a powerful must-have digital tool. It provides exposure, builds a rapport with the potential customer & exploits the impatience and impulsiveness of the online shoppers, hence bringing more business to an entrepreneur’s door-step.